Bring home FOR GREATER GLORY today – and show it in your community with a site license!
Program enables public exhibitions of epic action film for one year
LOS ANGELES, Sept. 11, 2012 – Bring home FOR GREATER GLORY on DVD and Blu-ray today – and start planning to show this action epic film in your area through a one-year site license!
FOR GREATER GLORY is available now in stores and online retailers with suggested retail prices of $26.99 for the DVD, $32.99 for the Blu-Ray and $32.99 for the DVD/Blu-ray combo pack. Site licenses also are available now through The Maximus Group. For more information, call 1-877-263-1263 or visit www.ForGreaterGloryEvents.com.
Public-screening opportunities are varied:
• Any group can benefit from public exhibitions of a film that enjoyed national buzz – but in limited theatrical release. Many moviegoers never got a chance to see this amazing film because it didn’t come to their town. Now, through a site license, it can!
• Priests and other parish leaders can organize a parish movie night. They can buy a site license package and host one (or multiple) parish viewing nights.
• Movie nights and public screenings sponsored by Knights of Columbus councils. Several Cristero martyrs were Knights, including a priest.
• Diocesan and parish Hispanic Ministries can bring this story to audiences that are extremely interested in and excited about FOR GREATER GLORY. This film is the legacy of many Mexican-American Catholics.
• Groups for young adults and men will find the film very compelling because of its message, production values and cast. The film stars Andy Garcia and Eva Longoria, two of most popular actors in today’s culture, and it’s an adventure, romance and action film all rolled into one!
• Faith formation and prayer groups get an opportunity to see the true story of 20th Century martyrs on the American continent. Several of the martyrs depicted in this film were beatified just five years ago. A great film to see on the faith and the heroic witness of our Catholic Saints.
• FOR GREATER GLORY also tells a great story of female strength and service through the depiction of the Feminine Brigades of St. Joan of Arc, which grew to more than 25,000 strong in support of the Cristero fighters.
Catholic leaders have praised FOR GREATER GLORY for its message and production values.
“FOR GREATER GLORY is a top-flight production whose message of the importance of religious freedom has particular resonance for us today,” said Most Rev. José Horacio Gomez, Archbishop of Los Angeles. “It is my earnest hope that people of faith throughout our country will rally behind FOR GREATER GLORY, and in doing so, will highlight the importance of religious freedom in our society.”
“FOR GREATER GLORY is ‘must-see’ viewing for all those who care about faith and liberty today,” said Knights of Columbus Supreme Knight Carl Anderson.
“The power of this film is matched only by the timeliness of its message,” said CatholicVote.org President Brian Burch.
“Every person of faith should draw courage from the tragically heroic witness of the Cristeros,” said Fr. Andrew Small, National Director of the Pontifical Mission Societies. “Their sacrifice reminds us that unless we learn from history, we risk repeating it. Besides being an important movie, it is extremely well done.”
About the film
FOR GREATER GLORY follows the true story of the 1920s Cristero War – the daring people’s revolt that rocked 20th Century North America. Directed by Dean Wright and produced by Pablo Jose Barroso, FOR GREATER GLORY stars Academy Award® nominee Andy Garcia, Golden Globe winner Eva Longoria, Oscar® Lifetime Achievement winner Peter O’Toole, rising star Oscar Isaac (DRIVE), recording star and actor Ruben Blades (SAFE HOUSE), Bruce Greenwood (STAR TREK, SUPER 8), Nestor Carbonell (THE DARK KNIGHT RISES, “Lost”), Bruce McGill (LINCOLN), Santiago Cabrera (“Heroes,” CHE), Oscar®-nominated Catalina Sandino Moreno (MARIA FULL OF GRACE) and Eduardo Verástegui (BELLA). It introduces teenager Mauricio Kuri, who plays Cristero martyr Blessed José Sanchez del Rio. Released in theaters on June 1, the epic action film earned more than $5.6 million at the domestic box office.
Ignatius Press has published the official companion book to the film, For Greater Glory: The True Story of the Cristiada. Written by noted Cristero War historian and expert Ruben Quezada, English and Spanish editions of the book are available now at www.ignatius.com.
FOR GREATER GLORY is a production of Dos Corazones Studios, and is distributed by ARC Entertainment. For interviews with Producer Pablo Barroso, other members of the cast and crew, or official-companion-book author Ruben Quezada, please contact Alexis Walkenstein (561-445-5409 or Email), Tim Lilley (678-990-9032 or Email) or Kevin Wandra (678-990-9032, or Email) of The Maximus Group.
Visit the official website at www.ForGreaterGlory.com.
Visit the site-license website at www.ForGreaterGloryEvents.com.
Visit the online newsroom at www.MaxOnDeadline.com/ForGreaterGlory for backgrounders, still images and other media resources.
Like and share the Facebook page at www.Facebook.com/ForGreaterGlory.
Follow the Twitter feed at www.Twitter.com/ForGreaterGlory.
ABOUT THE LICENSING PROGRAM
The Maximus Group and Ignatius Press are working together to help serve the Catholic community through film promotions and DVD sales. Organizations are purchasing licenses and incorporating these films into their event calendars to successfully initiate discussion while promoting Christian values.
ABOUT ARC ENTERTAINMENT
ARC Entertainment (www.arc-ent.com) is a fully integrated distribution company providing both physical and digital distribution and sales services entertainment-based products. ARC Entertainment monetizes Content in multiple revenue streams including: Theatrical Distribution, DVD, Blu-ray, Digital, Electronic Sell-through, Streaming, VOD, PPV, Pay and Free TV. ARC Entertainment’s unparalleled relationships with national retailers, coupled with strong sales and marketing expertise, enables the Company to explore unique programs and business models for its content partners.